According to the calendar, we’re weeks away from spring...but we’re nowhere near ready to kick off our sheepskin slippers. It’s cold. Roads are slushy. Sidewalks are icy. We’re still staying indoors for the foreseeable future and keeping our toes as toasty as possible.
Things could be worse though. You could live in Verkhoyansk, Russia.
Here are 5 of the coldest possible places on Earth to live:
Arguably the most miserable place on the planet, this Russian gem averages temperatures of -45C in January. Its record low is -67.8C. Yes, -67.8C is a thing. For almost two weeks in late December, this place does not see a glimpse of sunlight. Can you take a second to actually picture that? -45C of darkness. Guys, the Russians need Nuknuuks. The Russians need Nuknuuks ASAP.
This Canadian city sees no sunlight at all between mid-October and late February. It’s annual mean temperature is -19C. ANNUAL! Winter months average around -40C, making venturing outdoors without proper gear dangerous. The people of Nunavut, though, have somehow manage to adapt, survive and even thrive in these arctic conditions. We applaud you, Eurekans!
Let’s just all take a moment and be collectively thankful that we don’t live in Verkhoyansk, okay?
We’re almost there, people. Spring really is coming. The good news is that Nuknuuk sheepskin slippers are designed to keep your toes warm in the winter...and cool in the summer. Four seasons, one slipper. We got you.
More about the #BestSlipperEver
Thank you for purchasing a pair of Nuknuuk slippers. Your feet are undoubtedly overjoyed to be entering a world of comfort and coziness. Your pair of Nuknuuk slippers will certainly last you a very long time, but we are all human and things get dirty. Fortunately, we have a list of tips and tricks to clean and maintain your men’s or women’s slippers. This is a quick and easy process and will let you enjoy your slippers for a long time.
Next, let’s review some facts about sheepskin and leather. Sheepskin is renowned for its insulating properties. It’s also hypoallergenic and is therefore unlikely to cause allergic reactions. Sheepskin fibers absorb moisture, keeping your feet toasty and dry. Hint: Try wearing your Nuknuuk slippers without socks. The soft feeling of sheepskin against your bare feet is heavenly!
Nuknuuk slippers are great because you can wear them anywhere and at anytime. They are fashionable, comfortable and made with high-quality materials. Get more ideas on where to wear your Nuknuuk slippers here.
Before applying any cleaning measure, it’s best to test a small area of your slipper first.
Step 1: You’ll need some gentle, enzyme-free soap or a specialized sheepskin shampoo (wool shampoos will also work) that you’ll mix with water. For proportions, please read the label of the shampoo bottle.
Step 2: Rub the stain with the soap, carefully using a soft brush or dry cloth. Carefully rub the area until the stain is gone.
Step 3: Wipe the area clean with a damp cloth and let the slipper dry naturally. Never expose the slipper to direct sunlight or heat. Drying may require up to two days. Do not attempt to put your Nuknuuks in the dryer!That’s it for our cleaning tips. Good luck on maintaining your pair of Nuknuuk slippers. Your feet will thank you in the long-term. If you have any cleaning tips or suggestions, please leave a comment below.
At Nuknuuk, our mantra is “always go for quality, comfort and value” no matter where you’re going or what you’re wearing. What’s important is that your feet are comfortable, and that you feel great. Regardless of our chosen lifestyle, we should never have to sacrifice the comforts that bring us pleasure. Some people may scoff at pairing sheepskin slippers with a designer handbag. For us, that’s just Wednesday. We have prepared a list of 5 perfect pairings for you and your Nuknuuks. Let us know what you think, and if you have an idea for another combination, please leave a comment below.
5) Walking down to your @luxuryretreats luxury villa in a pair of Blue Nuknuuk Joy slippers. The infinity blue of the ocean is closer than you think.
4) Those Brown Nuknuuk Ed slippers do look awfully good with your @frankandoak ensemble. Sometimes you need to be a champion for new style.
3) Going to Yoga in your latest @climawear outfit wearing your Aubergine Nuknuuk Joy slippers? You’re definitely putting the ‘lass’ in classy.
2) That @jimmychoo #clutch can be taken anywhere at anytime. The same could be said about the Harvest Nuknuuk Joy slipper you’re wearing right now.
1) Keep your tablet smudge free and clean as a whistle while wearing your Nuknuuk Sheila Sheepskin Gloves. #BestSlipperEver anyone?
10) The garage is close to home and instead of placing your feet on cold concrete, we encourage you to place them into a pair of #Nuknuuk sheepskin slippers.
9) The backyard isn’t always a place to soak in a tan. Try reading your favorite book wearing a pair of #Nuknuuk sheepskin slippers for men and women.
8) Did the school bus breakdown and the kids need a hero? Nuknuuk slippers have sturdy soles that are great for biking! Dare anyone to look!
7) Going to the gym and waiting until the last minute to put on your shoes? That’s because you’re wearing #Nuknuuk sheepskin slippers.
6) Oh uh, it looks like your car is running out of gas. The cashier has never been so jealous of a pair of slippers. They're not just indoor #slippers!
5) Your feet will never forgive you for taking off your warm slippers for a pair of icky skates. #BestSlipperEver
4) Walking the dog has never been more easy or comfortable! Rock on with a pair of women's or men's sheepskin slippers. #BestSlipperEver
3) Visiting the neighbor and making them jealous at the same time with your #Nuknuuk. #LoveYourFeet
2) Sometimes, it's all about #nature & #chill in a pair of comfortable slippers.
1) The bathroom has never had this much respect for a pair of feet. Romance is in the air. #Nuknuuk
January and February are cold and frigid months for most of us in the northern hemisphere. Dressing warmly is essential and keeping warm is even more important. Although there are a myriad of activities available for you and your families to participate in, sometimes the cold is too tough to deal with.Of course, we recommend curling up beside a fireplace with your favorite pair of Nuknuuk sheepskin slippers while sipping on some hot cocoa and reading your favorite book or watching your favorite TV show. However, sometimes relaxing is best accompanied by a warm dish.
When you’re feeling cold, treat yourself to a hearty meal that will warm the soul. Consider trying our 5-Spice Chili recipe. If you’re partial to spices, you will truly appreciate the heat in this dish.
Prepare & Cook Time: 4 hours
Our mission has always been to create slippers and gloves using the highest quality materials to give maximum comfort and value. Although this may sound like a lofty goal, it is one that we try to incorporate into every element of the products we manufacture. One good example of this is how we construct the in-soles of our sheepskin slippers.
First, let’s talk about what exactly an in-sole is. The in-sole is the portion of the slipper upon which your foot rests. It is the lining that covers the outsole. It is the part of the slipper that is in contact with the base of your foot when you wear your slippers. So you may be asking yourself, “What’s the big deal about the in-sole? Aren’t they all the same?” The quick answer is no, but let’s look at why.View full article →
The end of the summer and the beginning of Fall can be a nostalgic time for everyone. For children and teen-agers, it is a time when the freedom of summer is coming to an end and the routine dictated by school and other activities must begin again. For parents and other adults, it's time to prepare for colder weather and shorter days which can sometimes be hard. It can be difficult to imagine that the warm, lazy days of summer won't be back for another 6 or 7 months.
We like to think of Fall as a beautiful season that offers great opportunities to do things that weren't possible during the summer.View full article →